How to Use Petalears™
Learn How to Create Beautiful Flowers with Petalears™
Marvelous Molds® Petalears™ easily create beautiful gum paste or fondant flowers using a single tool. Following these steps will ensure the best results in the flower making process.
1. Dust Petalear™ lightly with cornstarch using a pounce.
2. Roll gum paste/fondant to uniform thickness with rolling pin to approximately 1/32” inch or use either a Kitchen Aid pasta attachment at a setting of 4 or the Makin’s® Professional® Ultimate Clay Machine on a setting of 7. Lightly dust top side of gum paste/fondant with cornstarch. Rubbing with a pounce usually does the trick.
3. Place the dusted side of the gum paste/fondant face down on to Petalear™.
4. Lightly dust gum paste/fondant with cornstarch.
5. Press gum paste/fondant down into Petalear™. The outline of the flower designs should show prominently. If they do not, the gum paste/fondant is too thick.
6. Using a fondant smoother, press gum paste/fondant down into Petalear™ starting with light pressure and then pressing firmer. Finish by pressing down and turning the fondant smoother a one-quarter turn, repeatedly.
7. Grab the excess gum paste/fondant on each side of the Petalear™ and pull it outwards to separate the sheeted gum paste/fondant from the flowers.
8. Then take a needle or scribing tool and loosen the gum paste/fondant between each flower.
9. Lift and remove the excess gum paste/fondant.
10. Press firmly downwards so the gum paste/fondant takes on all the details of the petal veins and stamen.
11. Take your finger and press it on the outside of the silicone blade, pushing down lightly in order to create a finished edge on the flower.
12. Stretch the Petalear™ in all directions to loosen the gum paste/fondant from the Petalear™.
13. Turn the entire Petalear™ upside down on to a silicone mat or non-stick board and peel back the Petalear™ from one end to release the gum paste/fondant flowers.
14. Set the flowers inside of a flower former to dry.